Friday, February 8, 2013

Crazy Triplets and Stupid Accents- Baby 8


Panic doesn't even describe what I'm feeling right now.
Triplets? I've read that triplets are really hard to handle. How am I going to manage four tots at once? 
I'm beyond freaking out. 


At first, everything seems calm. But around 2:30 AM, all of them start crying. I mean ALL of them. I'm incredibly glad that it's Sunday, because there is no way I can handle all of them on my own. 

By the time I settle them all down, it's 6:00 AM and time to start the day. Thank goodness for Jason. We both look at each other and say "They need to age up NOW." 


The triplets as tots. Sapphire got my hair, but Chase and Luke got his father's hair. I don't really understand why Sapphire and Chase are hot pink, but they're cute anyway. When they aren't screaming.

Jason and I agree to do their skills today instead of waiting. There is no way we're going to wait. 
One of my relatives sent me dolls for the triplets, but I'm done with those dolls. The tots should be interacting with PEOPLE, not those misshapen toys.  And to be honest, they kind of scare me. 


Super mom to the rescue! 
All of the triplets have dirty diapers. Jason and I quickly change them. Potty training is first on the list, I am NOT dealing with this every day. 


The boys are potty trained first. Both of them make the silliest faces ever as they sit on the potty. They potty train willingly, thank goodness. 

I feel like a terrible mother for saying this, but I have no idea what the kids did that day. It's a bit of a hassle with so many kids here.

Scratch that. It's a major hassle. 

That reminds me... Jason's going to have to move out. I put that out of my mind, I don't want to think of my pink and black haired boy moving out anytime soon. 

For the first time ever, I'm already up before one of the tots starts screaming their head off. The first day was terrible, but I think it's starting to get easier. Maybe because I'm used to it. Next time, I hope I have more then just one teen helping me out.
Chase is the first one up and he's screaming his head off for food. I pick him up with a smile and hand him a bottle. He smiles at me and begins slurping it down. 
My eyes wander to the rocking chair sitting by the wall. I bought that before Jason was born, but all the tots had been so easy, I never had a use for it. Now with these crazy triplets, I know for a fact it's going to get used. If I remember that it's even there.


With all the triplets fed and Tyler sleeping, I decide to try my hand at a new recipe. I'm eager to see how it turns out. It's finally something other then waffles or pancakes, so I think it's a welcome change. 
As I chop, I mentally run through a list of things to do. The house needs to be cleaned, the triplets all need to learn to walk and talk... and on top of that, Jason has a dance that he's going to (much to Kayla's delight) so I'm pretty much on my own for the evening. 
I also haven't seen Sofia or Victoria in a while, simply because I don't have time. I'm not going to see them anytime soon, not with these crazy triplets. 


The eggs turn out fine, thank goodness. Our family idly chats about random things, but eventually the topic turns to tonight's dance.

"Isn't your dance tonight Jason?" Kayla asked him as she put some of the eggs in her mouth. 

"Yeah." he said.

"Who are you taking?" she asked. 

"Nobody." he said. 

"What? Why?"

Jason shrugged. "I didn't ask anyone." 

"Why not?"

I can easily see Jason getting annoyed with Kayla's endless questions, so I quickly change the subject. "How's Sunshine?" I ask.

Kayla's eyes lit up. "She's great! Yesterday, we had a HUGE pillow fight with Dylan and Sky! It was so much fun!" 

"I bet." I said. 

"Yeah! Then we played tag and had hamburger for breakfast, then we-"

"Wait... you guys had hamburger for breakfast?" I asked her. "Why didn't you guys tell me there was only hamburger left? I could have made you something."

"You looked REALLY busy with the triplets." Kayla said. "Besides, Jason's the only other person that knows how to cook and he was helping you." 

"I'm sorry Kayla." I said, feeling like the worse mother ever. 

"Why?" she asked. "It was really yummy!" 

"Yeah!" Dylan spoke up. "Especially with pickle juice." 

Kayla wrinkled her nose. "I still cannot believe you ate that." 

Dylan shrugged. "It tasted good, so that's all that matters." 

Jason rolled his eyes. "Bus is here." he said, getting up. 

"Bye guys." I said as all of them raced out the door. 


"Alright Chase!" I cheered as he made his first tumbling steps. 

"Walk!" he said as he fell into my arms. 

"Again?" I asked him. 

"Again!" he said. "Like walk!" 

I smiled. Chase was the most eager child ever. He never failed to make me smile, even when he was being ridiculously difficult (like yesterday) 

Our session continued for a while. Although the triplets definitely weren't geniuses, they were all very intelligent and curious about the world around them. I had a very hard time making sure that Sapphire stayed inside the house. I ended up bringing some of the toys inside so they had something to do. 

Speaking of the house... I love it, but it was only meant for one person. The single bathroom just isn't working anymore. When the triplets were born, I had to expand the nursery and it's barely big enough for them. The older kids love their room, but there isn't any space for toys, so it all goes outside. I have no plans to move now, but with 7 kids, it's going to have to be soon. 


This was going on in the nursery. Sapphire was banging away on the xylophone, clearly happy with the racket she was making. Tyler and Luke were playing with the dollhouse, chewing on the doll's heads. Not sure what motivated to do that, but it's kind of cute. And weird. The doll's are pretty big, so I'm not worried about them accidentally getting swallowed. 


"Chase, stop eating your hand." I scolded him. 

"Fun!" he said. 

I gently pulled it out of his mouth. "We're gonna learn how to talk."

"Know how talk." Chase said. 

"We're gonna learn how to talk better." I said. 

At the table, Jason snickered. 

"Oh hush." I said. 


A while later, Jason quickly changed into his suit and raced into the limo waiting outside. I got the picture before Jason started covering his face with his hands. 

"Really mom?" he asked. 

I grinned at him. "Yep." 


Of course, the triplets decide to act up and me and the kids are rushing around, trying to get them all happy. It's past 11:00 when we all finally get to sleep. 

On a brighter note, Jason was voted prom king and snagged himself a potential girlfriend, Lisa Bunch.  However, he never finished his homework so he had to do it before he went off to bed. 


Thankfully, all the tots sleep through the night. They're still sleeping when I wake up, so I get to work cleaning the house. I grimace as I stare at all the filthy things. How on earth did it get like this?

I don't smell any better then my appliances. I desperately need a shower, but with four crazy tots, not likely. I make a mental note to age up Tyler, I can barely handle the triplets. Tyler has already learned all his skills, no need to keep him as a tot. Plus, if I have to deal with this for another day, I'm going to go insane. 


First one up is Chase, and boy, he is mad. His diaper is full and he clearly wants a fresh one. I guess he doesn't realize that he can use a potty chair now. I quickly pick him up, eyeing the others as they start to stir. Thankfully, they don't open their eyes. For now.
I set him down on the floor and start talking to him. No need to waste quiet time. I'm just hoping that one of the tots doesn't pitch a fit right now.  I'm determined to get at least one tot done today. Jason's still asleep and I don't have to heart to wake him up just yet.
One of the tots do wake up, but he doesn't pitch a fit. The tot is Luke, and he's perfectly content to coo to himself as I teach Chase.


Of course, that's not what little miss Sapphire wants to do. The second he's up, she starts screeching, wanting a diaper change. She's the screamer of the bunch, she cries more then Luke or Chase combined. I roll my eyes and pick her up. She just smiles sweetly at me.

"Stop being so cute you little fussbucket." I mutter.


 I can't help but grimace as I see Dylan eating leftover macaroni for breakfast. I badly want to cook a proper meal for my kids, but these crazy triplets demand for my attention 24/7. Hopefully, aging up Tyler would bring me some relief.


Tyler as a child. I don't understand where his darker skin came from, but I think it's pretty cute. He is a very confident child and seemed unfazed when I told him I was going to need his help.

"No problem!" he chirped.


"Alright fussbucket." I said to Sapphire a little while later. "We're gonna learn how to walk. Does that sound good to you?"

Sapphire, who hadn't been taught to talk yet, just smiled.

"I'll take this as a yes." I said lifting her up.


Guess it was a no. Sapphire just plopped herself back down the second I stepped away.

"C'mon Sapphire!" I said.

"No!" she said stubbornly, frowning at me.

"Please?" I said.

"No!" she shouted.

Normally, this wouldn't have bugged me. I had run into this issue with Jason, so I knew how to handle it. But  the triplet's constant crying had really frazzled me. I marched up to her and lifted her up again.

"You." I said. "Are going to walk. I don't care how much you whine, you are going to walk, even if it kills me."

I'm not sure how much she understood, but she seemed to have gotten the message, since she didn't put up a fuss. Everything went much more smoothly after that.


"Mom, I want to age up." Jason announced when he walked inside.

"Is that so?" I said, putting Sapphire back down on the floor.

"Yes!" Jason said. "I want to go out into the real world and follow my dreams. School isn't fun anymore, I want to move on."

I sighed, knowing that it would mean letting go of my first baby. But looking at the determination in his eyes, I couldn't say no.

Jason as a young adult. He rushed out the door, saying "I'll visit, I promise!" I just shook my head and laughed. There goes my ambitious baby. A lot of challenge moms hate parting with their firstborn, and deep down, I did too. But Jason really wanted to fulfill his dream. How could I say no?

"Where's Jason?" Kayla said as she walked in a while later.

"He aged up." I said.

"Does that mean we can?" Dylan said, his eyes lighting up.


Kayla and Dylan as teens. Kayla cut her hair short and I think it looks fantastic on her. Dylan ended up slicking back his hair and went for a "tough guy" look. They're an interesting pair and I can't wait to see how they act as teens. I love Dylan's face in the way. One thing I'm annoyed about is that they still haven't grown out of their imaginary friends. They don't have any "real" friends, so it worries me.  

They instantly started fighting over the shower, since both of them reeked. Kayla gave up when she realized that Dylan hadn't had a shower in the week. Kayla instead went to Luke and started teaching him to walk. When Dylan got out, they swapped. I was glad they were handling so maturely.


Once I finished up with Sapphire, I got out some ingredients for spaghetti. I was determined to have an actual meal with my family, instead of leftovers.


And we did. Chat was small, but it was pleasant. The triplets had all been fed, we just had to get them to bed. For the first time since the triplets were born, I felt like I had some control over the situation. Now that I had two helpful teens, I felt worlds better. Maybe I won't go insane. Yet.

Or so I thought. Luke refuses to sleep and keeps trying to get away. It's close to eleven when I finally get him into his crib. Luckily, he doesn't start screaming, he just pouts. I roll my eyes and get to sleep.


I wake up refreshed and ready to start the day. I make a big batch of waffles for all of us. The triplets were quiet and I couldn't be happier.


Of course, by the time the waffles are done, the kids are getting on the bus. I sigh and put a waffle on my plate. Oh well. It's not like they were hungry anyway.


Around eleven, a handsome man comes to my door. He explains that he's interested in the challenge. I invite him in and we quickly get to work.


Sapphire is eager to learn to talk and doesn't cause me any problems. The triplets as a group haven't been too much of a hassle. I guess triplets aren't too bad. I don't want another bunch anytime soon though.


It was a slow day. I didn't make as much progress with Sapphire as I wanted to, but oh well. If there was time after dinner, I would try and finish up.


Dinner was insane. I couldn't sit at the table, because I would be sitting on kid's imaginary friends, so I had to stand. And of course, the kids started arguing about who was sitting on who's imaginary friend. I could expect this from Tyler, but from Dylan and Kayla? No way.

And of course, the triplets all need to be fed and put to bed, so that's another hassle. Eventually all is quiet as I slip into bed.


The next day is another slow day. My bump appeared while I was I was chasing Luke. I smiled, then chomped on some watermelon. I was hoping for a girl, since as Kayla put it "There's too many boys in this house!" I had Sapphire, but she wasn't the most agreeable person.


As I get up the next morning, I hear the kids starting their day. I smile, but I start hearing the kids asking the others to move, waiting for the shower, etc. Then smile slowly fades as I realize we have to move soon. Before I realize what I'm doing, I start dialing a number.

"Hello?" I said. "Is this Carter's Building and Furnishing Company?"

"Sure is!" A peppy male voice replies, despite the time. "So you need a new house?"

"Yeah." I said. I quickly explain to him who I am and he bursts out laughing.

"Another challenge mother eh?" he says. "I know what you need. I'll get the crew out in a few hours."

"How fast can you build?" I asked.

"Should only take a day or two. I'll email you a picture when it's finished." Then he hangs up.


It's one of those days when you don't really know what to do. I settle for doing chores for the moment.


I decide it's time for a much needed mommy day and call up a babysitter and Sofia. I tell her to meet me at Crystal Springs, then waddle out the door. The triplets are all fed, so I'm glad that I'm not leaving Candy with a huge mess to deal with.


So why'd you call me over here?" Sofia asked.

"I need some time away from the kids. Plus, I thought you would want to meet your niece."

"Oh! Did a doctor tell you the gender?" she asked.

"No, but I've been force feeding myself watermelons, so if it's not a girl, I'm gonna flip."

Sofia laughed.

"I had an idea when I was driving up here." Sofia said.

"Kay..."

"You know all those turtles and lizard that crawl around? Why don't we get one for your family?"

"A turtle?" I said. "Sofia, I don't-"

"C'mon!" she said, dragging me to her car.

Long story short, we didn't find a turtle.



When I get home, I'm greeted to some very unhappy triplets. They had been wearing a dirty diaper for who knows how long. So much for best babysitter in Sunset Valley.


I start chopping up some onions. Stu Surprise sounds like a good dinner to me. I never really liked it, but pregnancy gave me extreme cravings.

 
Just as I'm about to get to bed, my phone starts beeping. I quickly answer it. When I see who it is, I can't help but squeal.


IT'S OUR NEW HOUSE!

Below the picture, is a message.

Hope you like it.

I don't like it. I haven't even seen the inside yet and I LOVE IT!



"Hey mom, are you due today?" Kayla asks me the next morning.

"Yeah."

She groaned. "I was hoping to do something FUN today."

"Why don't don't you three go to the park or something? I'll handle the tots." I said.

Her eyes lit up. "You mean it?" she said.

"Yep." I said.

"Thank you so much!" she squealed.

I winced at the pitch of her voice. "Your welcome."


Soon the three of them raced outside, each saying goodbye for hopping on their bikes.


 I decided to up my cooking skill and watch a cooking show. The host was super annoying with his fake French accent, but I suffered through it to learn some new skills.


Just as I was about to lose my mind from his stupid accent, I went into labor.

Two hours later, I give birth to...


Bella Falls




No comments:

Post a Comment