Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Berry Babes- Babies 5, 6, and 7



I decided to change up my look. It was becoming quite a hassle to put the feathers in and out every day, especially with crying babies.  It's much easier to throw my hair into a messy braid right now. I'm sure that'll change later, but for now, I like this look.


I started my morning off by getting sprayed in the face as I tried to repair the sink. At least the babies were being quiet. Tyler was sitting in his crib cooing while Kayla and Dylan were asleep. It was a rare moment of quiet. Behind me, Jason mopped the floor. 
"You ready to age up?" I asked him as another jet of water hit me. 
"Uh huh." he said, not sounding thrilled. 
We had talked it over last night, but Jason didn't seem to like the idea. He refused to tell me what was wrong though. 
"Is it because your scared of being bullied?" I asked him. 
"Mom!" he protested. "Stop pestering me!" 
I rolled my eyes, despite the fact he was behind me. "Alright, alright." I said. "When you get home from your field trip, your-"
"Aging up, I know." Jason sighed, going into the fridge. "Do we have any leftover waffles?" he asked.
"I think it's just spaghetti." I said. 
"Darn." He pulled out the spaghetti and dumped some on his plate.
"Spaghetti for breakfast?" I asked him.
"You had Stu Surprise for breakfast a few days ago."
I sighed. "Point taken." 

   
As Jason boarded the bus for his last day of elementary, I pulled a gift out of the mail. Another doll? This was getting ridiculous. Well, they made the kids happy, so I guess I'll deal with it. But seriously, what's so cool about them? They're wooden heads on cloth bodies. Then again, everything fascinates toddlers, so go figure. 


"Hey Kayla!" I said, picking her up. "Ready to be a big girl today?" 

"Big girl, big girl!" she chanted. 

"And your brother's gonna be a big boy!" I cooed, tickling her. 

"Age up!" Kayla cried. 

"Okay, okay." I said. "Just let me get everyone up okay?" 


Tyler as a tot. I was disappointed that he didn't get he father's skin tone or hair color, but he is incredibly adorable. He also seems incredibly intelligent for his age, like Kayla and is already an active tot. 


Kayla and Dylan as children. Kayla is very friendly person and has a passion for music. Dylan is a very active kid that loves painting. The only problem that I can detect so far is that Dylan wants to be as smart as Kayla. 


I wasted no time teaching Tyler to talk. He was speaking in a matter of minutes and was very good at it. It's possible I have another genius on my hands. 


While waiting for the shower, Kayla played in the tree house.  She instantly told me how cool it was. 

"There's so much room and there's so much to do-" she went on and on as I listened from the window. 

"Cool!" I called. "Now Tyler, can you say-" 

"Mom!" Dylan yelled. "There's no more shampoo!" 

"Just use mine!" I called. "Now-"

"Mom! Are you listening?" Kayla yelled. 

"Trying to!" I said. "Now Tyler-"

And that's how it pretty much went until Jason got home. 


"Ready to age up ma." he grumbled as he walked through the door. 

"Alright. Let me get out the cake." I said. 


Jason as a teen. I ended up giving him a buzz cut because he was sick of his hair in his eyes. He no longer shows any interest in Rover, which I'm happy about, and has an interest in handiness. He still dreams of being a surgeon and he says he can't wait to pursue his dream. He still won't tell me why he was afraid of aging up. It'll remain a mystery I guess. 


Dylan joined Kayla in the clubhouse and he loved it. 

"Mom!" he yelled. "Can Kayla and I PLEASE sleep in here tonight?' 

"I don't know Dylan..." I called. "It might get a little chilly...."

"We have sleeping bags!" he said. "Please?" 

"Oh alright." I chuckled. 

"Yay!" Kayla and Dylan yelled. 


I had gotten up for a second to get a drink. When I turned around, Jason was lifting Tyler up, trying to teach him how to walk. 

"Jason-" I began.

"Mom, it's fine." he said. "Your gonna be up in the middle of the night dealing with this lil' guy, so just rest right now." 

I smiled. "Thanks honey." 

At that moment, the doorbell rang. 

I stepped outside to see a berry sim smiling. 


Uh hey..." he said. "I'm Brandon Ink and I was wondering if I could be in the challenge...?"

"Oh sure!" I said. "Come right on in." 

He breathed a sigh of relief as I led him inside. Jason gave me a strange look, but I just smiled and led him Brandon into the bedroom. 


"Hey mom?" Jason said as he watched TV.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"What was that guy doing? I heard noises coming from your room-"

I sighed as I chopped. "Honey, I'm doing a 100 baby challenge-"

"What?" he yelled. 

"I said-" 

"I heard you!" he yelled. "Why on earth though?"

"Because I want to have 100 kids?" I said. 

Jason snorted. "Do you even know?" 

That stopped me in my tracks. Why did I start this challenge? The first thing that came into my mind was the final fight with my mom, but I knew that wasn't it. 
What made me start this?

"Mom?" Jason said. 

"I don't know." I said. "I just don't." 


After dinner, Kayla and Dylan made a beeline to the treehouse. At first, I heard a lot of giggling, but soon all I heard was their quiet breathing. I smiled, then hopped into my comfy bed. Why the kids wanted to sleep in there, I'll never understand. 


Around 4:30 AM, Tyler began throwing a fit. I went inside and he smiled. 

"Change diaper!" he chanted. 

"Okay, okay." I said, lifting up. "Let's get you out of that yucky old diaper."

"Yay!" he said. 


I cooked up a big batch of waffles to celebrate the twin's first day of school and Jason's first day of high school. 

"Are you excited for prom Jason?" Kayla asked Jason

"Huh?" he said. 

"Prom!" Kayla said. "The limo, the dance, your date..." she sighed dreamily. 

"I hope I'll age up by then. The last thing I want to do is be dancing in the middle of the room with a girl hanging on my neck." 

"I think it sounds lame." Dylan agreed. 

Jason gave him a high five. 

Kayla rolled her eyes. "You'll be missing out."

"Yeah, don't care." Jason and Dylan said at the same time. 

I laughed. "Kayla has a point. It's usually the best dance of the year-"

"Mom, I'm not going." Jason said. 

"Alright, fine." I said. 


As the kids ran to the bus, I ran to the toilet to throw up my breakfast. Joy. 


All the kids on the bus. Kayla refused to sit with her brothers because of their views of prom. 

Don't they all look thrilled? :)


"Alright Tyler, we are gonna start where we left off okay?" I said.

"Wanna pway wit Dink!" Tyler cried. (Dink is his doll)

"You can play with Dink later." I said. "Now can you say-"

"Dink!" Tyler wailed. 

I sighed. "C'mon Tyler...."

It took a while, but I finally got Tyler to concentrate.


"Play wit Dink now?" Tyler said as I set him down. 

"We're gonna learn how to walk!" I said. "Then you can play with Dink." 

"Play wit Dink NOW!" Tyler yelled. 

"After this okay?" I said.

"Now!" he insisted. 

"After you learn to walk. Then you can play with Dink for the rest of the day." 

Tyler considered this. "Otay." he said cheerfully. 


"Now, do you remember what Jason taught you yesterday?" I said. 

"Wes mommy!" Tyler said.

"Alright then. Walk to me!" I said holding out my arms. 

Tyler took a wobbly step, then sat down. "Me no do dis mommy." Tyler said, a sad look on his face. 

"Yes you can!" I said. "Try again."


The second time, he was much more steady. "I do it!" he announced. 

"Good job!" I said. 

After that, he didn't fall again. I considered potty training him, but I knew he would throw a FIT, so I handed him Dink and went to go paint. 


"Now, where was I?" I muttered, holding the paintbrush. "Ah, yes." I murmured, putting the brush to to paper. 


I happened to glance inside and saw this scene. Tyler was playing with Dink and looked like the happiest kid alive. Dylan and Kayla were doing their homework together and talking about their first day. I smiled, and turned back to my painting. 


Eventually, I heard Kayla yelling that Tyler was hungry. I sighed, then went to give him a bottle. My painting would have to wait for another day. 

"Yummy!" Tyler said when I handed it to him. 

"Eat up!" I said. 


I listened to Dylan singing to Sky (his doll) was I chopped up some tomatoes. From the big kid's room, I heard Kayla and Jason pillow fighting. 

Wait... Jason wasn't home. Looking behind me, Tyler and Dylan were playing on the floor. 

She was probably hitting the bed or something. I shrugged it off and continued cooking. 


Behind me, I heard Kayla come into the room. I turned around to see her waving a pillow around, getting feathers everywhere.

"Kayla, what are you doing?" I sighed. 

"Playing with Sunshine!" she said, waving the pillow again. 

"Sunshine's over there." I pointed to her doll, which was sitting by the table. 

Kayla shook her head. "Sunshine's real now." she said, matter of factly. "C'mon Sunshine, let's play tag!"

A few seconds later, she started running around. I sighed turning back to my cooking. 

I was seriously worried now. It was one thing to be playing with a doll. It was another thing to be tossing a pillow around and say your pillow fighting with your doll. It was possible Sunshine had become an imaginary friend, but I was still concerned. 


As I was about to eat my spaghetti, I felt the movement of new life. I rubbed my stomach, smiling. I couldn't wait to see if it/they get their father's skin tone and hair. Jason walked in the door as I sat down. 


"Pregnant again ma?" Jason asked me as he twirled some noodles around his fork.  

"Yep." I said. 

"Whoa, your pregnant?" Dylan said. 

"I hope it's a girl!" Kayla said. "There's too many boys in this house!"

"Hey!" Dylan said, shooting her a look. 

Kayla shrugged. "It's true." 

Jason rolled his eyes. 

"So we get to age up into teens?" Dylan said with much excitement.

"Yep." I said.

"Yay!" Kayla cheered. "I can't wait! Did'ja hear that Sunshine? We're gonna be teens!" 

"It's not going to be for a while." I told her. 

"I know!" she said brightly. She turned to Dylan. "We have to work extra hard now!" she said. 

Dylan gave her a thumbs up. 

Jason shook his head. 

"How was your day honey?" I asked him. 

"Boring." he said. "All the teachers talked about was conduct and stuff like that."

"Thrilling." I said, remembering those hour long lectures. 

Jason sighed. "Tell me about it." 

"Hey!" Dylan said. "Sky just became real!" 

Me and Jason looked at each other.

"Now Sunshine and Sky can play together!" Kayla said. 

"Oh boy." I muttered. 


I picked Tyler up. "You have very silly siblings." I told him. 

"Tired." Tyler said. 

"I know. Let's get you to bed." 


"Alright tyler!" I said, setting him on the potty chair. "Ready to go?"

Tyler looked at me with his eyes wide. "No." he said. 

"You can do it. For Dink okay?" I said. 

"Otay." he said. 

At least there's something good about those dolls. Motivation. 

In under an hour, Tyler was potty trained. Victory!

"You can go play with Dink now." I told Tyler.

"Yay!" he said, toddling out of the room. 


One bad thing about potty training is the mess that you have to clean up after. I scowled as I grabbed the bag. If I don't do it though,. the potty chair overflows and there's a bigger mess. It doesn't make it any more enjoyable though. 


After getting the assorted chores done, I hopped into the shower, reading to be cleaned. I felt completely relaxed as the warm water hit my skin. It even soothed my back, which was beginning to hurt. 


I headed to the back yard to paint. I heard the front door open and Dylan's and Kayla's chatter went through the open window. I told him both hello as I dipped my brush into some paint. 


After I finished my painting, I headed inside to make dinner, although it was only 5:30. I pressed the meat in my hands to make the patties as I listened to Kayla and Dylan's conversation. 

"My teacher told me that if I find a rainbow gem, I can turn Sunshine into a real human." she was saying to Dylan. 

"Aren't those really rare?" Dylan said. 

Kayla shrugged. "I think so. I'm not too worried about it. Sunshine's just as cool as a doll."

I breathed a sigh of relief. So, Sunshine was an imaginary friend. 


Mom!" Kayla yelled from the bathroom a little while later. "The shower broke!"

"You have got to be kidding me." I muttered. "I'll fix it-"

"I'll do it ma. You make dinner." Jason said, going into the bathroom.  

I'm so glad I have such a helpful son.


The next day if Saturday. I long to go out with the kids, but I'm due today, so that's not a good idea. They seem to be having fun around the house, so I don't feel quite as guilty. 


Breakfast was pleasant. The kids don't mind that we aren't going anything special today and are excited that their new sibling(s) is/are coming today. 


I take a seat on the bench by the fort and watch the kids while I read a recipe book. It's a beautiful day and the kids are glad to spend it outside. 


I've heard dancing will cause labor to start, so I decide to test it. I turn the radio on and start dancing while behind me, the kid's hang around the swings. Dylan is pushing Jason on the swing (I personally think it should get vice versa) and Kayla is standing around.


All of the sudden, Kayla lets out a bloodcurdling scream and I almost have a heart attack. Turning around, I see Kayla looking at me. Jason and Dylan had stopped swinging and were now staring at her. 

"Kayla!" I yelled. 

"Sunshine scared me!" she protested. 

"Just cut it out will ya?" Dylan said. "Tell Sunshine to do something else. You almost gave me a heart attack!" 

Kayla smiled sheepishly. "Sorry." she said.

I sighed and resumed my dancing. 


Soon, I'm hot and sweaty and the afternoon sun is beating down on me. I quickly change into my swimsuit and get in our pool. The cool water is incredibly refreshing to my sweaty skin . I swim around lazily, listening to the music from the radio. How I love these lazy moments. 


That doesn't work either. I give up and go to my easel. Painting always soothes me and I usually go into labor when I paint. We'll see what happens. 
I take a quick break and change before picking up the brush again. Eventually, my worries are taken away by the music and painting and I feel very relaxed. 
As evening approaches, I know we're going to be having leftovers for dinner. I don't want to risk going into labor while cooking and it's going to be too late to cook when the baby comes. We could have gone somewhere today, but oh well. 


I'm so bored, I decide to do some chores. I'm in the process of cleaning out the fridge when I go into labor. Jason started to panic and I couldn't help laughing.

"Jason, calm down." I laughed. "Eat some leftovers. I'll be in the nusery." I said. 

"Alright..." Jason said, looking worried. I rolled my eyes and wobbled into the nursery.

Kayla got her wish. A few hours later, I give birth to...


Sapphire Falls

As I put her in a crib, I feel more contractions. 

A few minutes later, I give birth to...


Luke Falls

But I start feeling MORE contractions. I am filled with nervousness as I give birth to...


Chase Falls 

Oh no... triplets... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment