Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Friend Lookalikes- Babies 14 and 15


Austin stared at me as I set Topaz in her crib, amusement in his eyes. "Age up." he said. I just rolled my eyes and brought out the cakes. 


Austin as a child. All that reading Sofia and I did with him has payed off, I can't get him to put a book down. Colin got him into Harry Potter and are constantly talking about it. They enjoy going out into the back yard and yelling spells at each other. 


Zinnia and Topaz as toddlers. Zinnia is very sweet and loves to be around her family. Topaz is the opposite. Although she's smiling in this photo, she's usually scowling. It's rare to find her giggling, forget about smiling. She kind of reminds me of the Grumpy Cat meme in a way, but I keep those thoughts to myself.


Not only that, she's insanely stubborn. She fooled around the entire time I was teaching her. I was ready to throw my hands up in the air in frustration. In the nursery, Duncan was teaching Zinnia, who actually showed some interest in learning to speak. On my bed, Colin was reading Harry Potter, giggling occasionally as I growled in frustration.

"Hey mom, you should name some of the next kids in your challenge after Harry Potter characters!" Colin said a while later. "You know, since you like Harry Potter."

"That's a good idea." I said. "What characters?"

"Hufflepuffs!" Colin exclaimed. "Hannah Abbot, Justin Finch-Flechley, Susan Bones-"

"Got it." I said, cutting him off. Getting up, I ran after Topaz who had chosen that moment to try and escape.

"Please mom?" Hufflepuff to Hufflepuff?" he said.

"We'll see okay?" I said. "I have a special name in mind for the next baby."

"Kay.." Colin mumbled. "Promise?"

"Yes Colin, I promise I'll name some of the kids after Hufflepuffs."

"Okay!" he said brightly. "Got any good leftovers?"

"There's a ton, so help yourself." I replied.

"Okay!" Colin said, bounding out of my room.


Early the next morning, I signed on to the 100 Baby Challenge Mom's chat. To my delight, a familiar name was on the list. It was none other then Skye Everard, who had apparently had been spamming the chat with random letters and numbers for the last few minutes.

Ruby: Hey Skye.

Skye: About time someone got on!

Ruby: It's still pretty early Skye.

Skye: It's the only time I can get on. Why are you up at this freakishly early hour?

Ruby: I'm an early riser. You?

Skye: The kids. What else?

Ruby: XD Anyway, are you and Paisley still coming over?

Skye: Once I convince Paisley, yes.

Ruby: Got it. Anyway, the kids are getting up, so I better go.

Skye: You people get up WAY too early.

Ruby: XD Cya Skye.


I invited the next father over, a dude that looked a LOT like Skye Everard, right down to the eye color. It was really weird, but I want to get a move on in my challenge. And personally, I'm really excited to see what a mini Skye would look like.


When the kids got home, it was time for aging up. Duncan became a fabulous young adult with a strange passion for cars. Combined with his love for animals, he has a wide variety of interests. On top of that, he's going into the military career, which doesn't seem like something he would want to be doing for the rest of his life. But with a hug, I send my blue babe off into the world.


Colin aged up with an excellent sense of humor. Within minutes, he was telling jokes with his new found comedian talents. Just as I suspected, he got his father's hair. Colin doesn't like all the pink and blue though, and I suspect that he's going to chop it off soon.

Nothing really else happened during my pregnancy, so I won't bother to explain. But a few days later, I gave birth to another set of twin girls.


Skye Falls


Aqua Falls

Yay for short posts!

-_-

Sorry this took forever and it's really short. I just wanted to get this done so I could work on my next post, which I promise will be longer. So again, sorry for the horrible post. 

1 comment:

  1. Haha! I'm a dude.

    Weird, now that I think about it.

    But still seriously awesome.

    -Skye

    ReplyDelete