Thursday, February 28, 2013

Going Along- Babies 12 and 13


This isn't how I planned to bring Bella back home. 

So much of her is still in our house. It took me all my courage to take apart the side by the staircase. Every time I pass that area, I burst into tears. 

I didn't organize a funeral. Who would show up anyway? Certainly not her dad, he's too busy to care about his daughter. When I called him, he said he was upset, but he didn't sound like that at all. "Isn't she just apart of your challenge anyway?" he added. 

I hung up on him instead of screaming at him like I wanted. Then I broke down in tears. 

I did eventually tell Sofia. At first, she was upset that I never told her, but she was quick to offer support. Any other Sim would have probably blown up at me. 

Birthdays were very solemn. Sapphire was in tears as she blew out her candles. Chase and Luke were keeping it together, but grief was clearly on their faces. 

  
Sapphire as a young adult. You would think Bella's death would have made her incredibly depressed, but now she's determined to do good in the world. She plans to donate most of what she earns to a charity that helps blind children. She's going into the music career like her half-sister Kayla. 

  
Luke as a young adult. I was so excited to finally see his hair color! He somehow wound up as a blonde, but I love it! He's going into the science career to hopefully find some cures for some devastating illnesses like cancer. He also discovered he loves to garden and plans to start one at the house the three of them are moving into. 


Chase as a young adult. He's more of a goofball then anything else, but he was accepted into the police force anyway. His magic with the computer will surely help crack some of the tough cases. With so much on the internet these days, he's going to be very busy. 

The triplets didn't really want to leave, but eventually went down the steps. There were tears in Luke's eyes, Sapphire had already burst into tears. Chase gave me a small wave, then piled into the taxi that was waiting for them. 

The birthdays continued without them. 

Colin as a child. The doctor said that he's most likely going to need glasses when he's a teen. He's not looking forward to it, but it's much farther in the future, so he's not really worrying. He adores books and is obsessed with Harry Potter. He calls himself "Colin the Werewolf Seer." He doesn't understand why Duncan and I are so upset and is always silly, trying to cheer us up.


Duncan as a teen. You can see the sadness on his face. He's the only one besides me that really understands what's going on. He still has a buzz cut, saying he likes it. What is with my boys and buzz cuts?! 


Austin as a toddler, the only one that isn't affected in some way by Bella's death. He's very playful and loves to move around. It doesn't take much to impress Austin. He was amazed when he found out he could pick up some blocks on the floor. 


Dinner is ridiculously quiet. None of us say anything, even Colin who has been trying his hardest to cheer us all up. Eventually, I push my chair back and wish the kids good night. At that moment, I needed to be alone. 



The girl's room and my room is completely renovated. I felt like the girl's room needed a fresh start. It's full of handmade paintings (courtesy of Sapphire) and three flower rugs. Since there's no girls in the house anymore, the room is unused and hasn't been touched yet. I know watermelons will be used in my future.

As for my room? I just felt it was too... dark. I wanted something more positive and refreshing. My room just seems to bring in a positive feeling. And after Bella's death, I need all the positive I can get. 


Sliding into bed is almost like a blessing. At first. But I spend hours tossing and turning, my eyes half open. My thoughts drift and tears begin to fall as I think of Bella. If only I spent more time with her, if only I had known sooner, if only, if only...

I promised her to continue with the challenge, but I don't think I have a willpower. Her death has reduced me to an empty shell. I just want to cry all the time. Continuing the challenge is the last thing on my mind. I don't even get the enjoyment I usually get when I take care of Austin. Everything feels empty. 

Eventually, I drift off, but my dreams are strange. I see all my kids, dancing, leaving before I can say hi. My mother is there, her cruel face looming over me. And Bella, right by my side, screaming at me to run. Waking up offers me no relief. 


It's around noon the next day when the doorbell rings. To my delight, it's Sofia. 

"Hey Ruby." she said. "Can I come inside?" 

"Sure!" I replied. "Come on in."


"So what brings you here?" I asked her when we get inside. 

Sofia wrung her hands nervously. "Well... mom kicked me out of the house..." 

"Wow." I said. "What did you say to her?" 

"Basically that she was a horrible mother and she didn't deserve us?" 

I started to grin. 

"It's not funny Ruby!" Sofia protested. 

"It's hilarious!" I said. 

Sofia rolled her eyes, but she was smiling a little. 

"Do you wanna crash here for a while? I have plenty of room."

"That would be great!" she grinned. 


The next thing I knew, Sofia had pried Austin away from the dollhouse and was teaching him to talk. When I protested and said that was my job, she waved me and told me it was the least she could do. "Besides, I wanna hang with my nephew!" she said. 

Duncan and Colin are surprised when they see Sofia, since they have no idea who she is. Some quick introductions put the kids somewhat at ease. It'll definitely take some getting used to, but I'm glad I have my sister back.   


Sofia decided to do everything, refusing to let me help. So that's how I found myself at Central Park in the middle of the night, crying my eyes out. I just felt so lost. I didn't know if I should continue the challenge or stop. I was perfectly happy with 11 kids, wasn't I?  Oh, how I missed Bella. 

"Are you okay?" 

Turning around, I saw a man with piercing green eyes, looking concerned about me. "If you want me to leave-" he begins. 

"It's fine." I said, cutting him off. "I just lost my daughter and now I'm so confused..." With that, my voice breaks and I burst into tears. 


Without a word, he takes me into his arms. "There, there." he murmured. "It'll be fine." 

"Bella..." I whispered. 

"Shh..." 

I don't know who long I stood there, crying on that man's shoulder. But eventually, I pull away, I'm sure my face flushed red. 

"I'm so sorry." I whisper. 

"It's fine." he says

"Jay! What are you doing?" someone shouts. I thought we were alone, but I guess not. "Don't you know who she is? She's gonna take you home and do what she does with all the guys she meets!" 

I sigh. The hatred is expected when your a challenge mother, but it never prevented me from being upset when people said those things. But tonight, I'm too sad to care. 

"Lay off!" Jay shouts. Then he turns back. 

"You know who I am right?" I ask. 

"Yeah. Ruby Falls. Took me a second to recognize you."

"I suppose you don't want anything to do with me now." I said. 

"Actually, I want to ask you something." he said. "Were you looking for a challenge father?" 

I sigh. "That was the last thing on my mind. I just want some time to think." I hesitate, but I add in. "I don't even think I'm going to continue the challenge anyway." 

"Why?" He actually looks surprised. "All your kids are really nice-" 

"You've met my kids?" I ask him. 

He nods. "Kayla and Dylan. They're both really great. You raised hem well." 

"Thank you." I murmur. 

Soon, I'm pouring my story out to him, my childhood, Bella's death, everything, things I haven't even told Sofia. He quietly listens until I realize the time. 

"Oh jeez, I didn't mean to talk so long!" I said, getting up to leave. 

"Hey, wait!" he says. He shoves two numbers in my hand. One is his. Another is a guy named A.J.'s. 

"A.J.'s a friend of mine that been wanting to join a challenge but never had time because he's so busy. Call me sometime kay?" 

Then he's gone. 


So many things are breaking in our house. First it was the shower, then the sink, then the dishwasher. After calling a repair guy, I quickly dialed A.J.'s number. He's delighted to participate and says he'll be right over. I told Sofia beforehand, so she's prepared.
Jay wasn't kidding about  A.J. being busy. He shows up in his tuxedo and fancy dress shoes. We quickly get things done and he rushes out the door. 


Then it's time for a challenge mother's least favorite skill... potty training. I highly doubt any of us have gotten used to the stench that comes from the potty chairs. It's way better then changing diapers though. 


I wind up having time to paint, something I haven't realized I missed until I picked up the paint brush. I seem to have been given a extra burst of creativity. My hands seem to act of it's own accord as paint is put on the canvas. A beautiful painting begins to take shape. 


I find this picture incredibly adorable. Austin loved the book to the point we was the one flipping the pages. Sofia started laughing, so hard, she couldn't continue reading. 

"Read!" Austin screeched, flipping a page. 

"Alright commander." Sofia chuckled. 

"Commander Austin!" he replied with a grin.  "Me Commander!" 

I start to smile. For the first time since Bella left, I feel happy. No, really happy. 

"Ruby." I mutter. "Bella is gone. You need to accept it and move on." 

I know I'm not going to handle it perfectly. There'll be some days where I become upset because I miss Bella. But I'm keeping my promise and moving on with the challenge. I'll never forget her. 


Sofia refuses to let me do ANYTHING, which drives me insane. It's a real battle to teach Austin to walk. She insists that it's the least she can do, but I put my foot down the next day. I don't want to miss out on Austin's toddler days. I just want to spend time with my kids, not sit around all day. 


My bump appears in the middle of our session. I'm glad that I'm moving along in my challenge again. It's something normal for once and it instantly boosts my mood. It might just be the hormones though. Oh well. 


I even get a little time to read with Austin. He's not as demanding as yesterday, but he's not pleased if I don't read as fast as he likes. At one point, he forgets about the story as he looks at my tummy. 

"Mommy fat." he said. 

I laughed a little. "I'm pregnant Austin." I said. 

"Fat." he replied. 

"Your going to have a new brother or sister soon!" I said. "Does that sound fun?" 

"No!" Austin, said, putting a pouty face on. "Just Austin." 

It's useless trying to reason with a toddler, so I continue reading. He crawls away though and starts smashing the blocks together on the activity table. I rolled my eyes and go to start dinner. 


My two genius children decide to spend the next day on the slip n' slide. There is a lot of whooping and hollering as they take turns. They slip about a billion times, but that doesn't stop them from acting like animals. I guess Chase passed it on to them. 


 Austin wants nothing to do with being crazy and instead goes to the study to look at his picture book. He's giggling madly the entire time as he looks at the pictures. Sofia is typing on the downstairs computer. Me? I'm flicking through the TV channels, trying to find something half decent to watch. I'm channel surfing for the third time when I hear a crash outside. A split second later, I can hear someone cursing. I walk outside and see Jay trying to shove all the trash back into the trash can. 


"Nice going." I said. Instantly, I mentally cringe. Smooth Ruby. I think. Very smooth. 

He smiles. "It's a talent." he replied, putting the garbage bin back up.

"So what brings you here?" I ask him.

"Well, I just wanted to stop by and say hi. Besides, we're friends right?" 

"Friend?" I ask. "Jay, we've-" 

"Ruby, you spent about 15 minutes crying on my shoulder. I think that classifies us as friends." 

I'm about to say some smart remark, but I shut my mouth. "Fair enough." I muttered. 


"Ruby, may I tell you something?" Jay asked a little while later. The TV was blaring as I slammed on the buttons on my controller. Onscreen, my car smashed into Jay's. 

"Sure." I reply. 

"You are horrible at this game." 

"Maybe you should go easy on me then."

"Fat chance." 

"Are you guys playing Mario Kart?" Colin asks as he runs into the room, wearing nothing but swim trunks. "Can I play?" 

"Sure!" Jay says, tossing him a controller. 

"Don't leave me out." Duncan says as he comes in. 

"Here." I said, giving him my controller. "I'm going to see if Sofia has returned from Writing Land." 


Sofia barely says anything when I try and get her off the computer. I try and rejoin the video game, but they've already started a match without me, so I settle for the deck. I bring my laptop outside and catch of with some fellow challenge mothers. The afternoon passes swiftly after that. 

Jay leaves a short time later and the boys won't stop talking about his gaming skills during dinner. I just nod and eat my key lime pie. Before we all head up to bed, I give Duncan and Colin permission to go to the beach the next day. Just as I'm about to head upstairs, Sofia tells me she's found a house .

"It's already furnished, so I don't need to buy anything. It's right down the road too, so I'll be able to visit way more." Then she pauses. "Thanks Ruby." 

"It's no big deal." I replied. Before she could protest, I go into my room. 

The next morning, Sofia is out of the house before dawn. I don't have much time to dwell about it though because I have to give birth to TWO beautiful baby girls!


Zinnia Falls


Topaz Falls

Sorry about the long wait! I kept getting Error Code 12 and I just kind of lost interest. 

Speaking of Error Code 12, it keeps popping up if I play for more than an hour or so. This time, it happened right after the triplets moved out, so I had to age everyone back up and kill Bella again... *shudders* Not pleasant. 

So when Bella died, I looked for her gravestone so I could remake the little garden. Well, I couldn't find it when she re died, so I was in a panic. After reading some similar problems on the Sims 3 site, I accepted that Bella had glitched and her grave was lost forever. 

I did find it. Where you ask?

Under the porch. 

Not sure how that happened.... 






No comments:

Post a Comment